Move hearts and change minds with your tales and thoughts through words.
India Film Project along with Kommune brings to you the Spoken word challenge. We have realized the fast-growing community of storytellers and slam poets and have brought to you a platform where you can submit your piece of work and get a chance to perform in front of the best-spoken word artists in the country.
Theme – Not-so-Super Hero
Theme Description – Heroes exist in real life, not just on the big screen. They are not larger-than-life. It is their simplicity, strong morals, ability to look at a greater good and stand up for what they believe in that make them heroes in real life. These heroes could be anyone – someone you know closely or even have heard of remotely, who did something that made them a hero in your eyes. Tell us your story about such a hero, who is not “super” but is nonetheless a hero by their deeds.
What’s in it for the winners
Express what you feel and win all hearts through your words as the top 10 participants get to perform live at IFP season 9 and the winning entries will be produced by IFP into videos.
- The theme of the challenge is ‘Not so Superhero‘
- It is a competitive category.
- The submitted spoken word should be original and unpublished.
- A voice note of a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes has to be submitted. The participants can have 10 seconds of a buffer. It should be an MP3 file of 5MB only.
- The participants also have to submit the written form of the voice note. It should be typed in Courier font and in the font size 12.
- The submitted piece can be in Hindi or English – (FAQ – the written document should be typed in English language only.)
- Entries are open from across the globe.
- The entries for the challenge will close on September 15, 2019.
- The submitted piece will be strictly restricted to the jury of the challenge.
- The spoken word cannot be released until the results are announced at the festival.
- Stand-up Comedy, any disrespect to a particular person, over – sexual in it’s nature or targeting any particular community or obscene content will not be qualified in the challenge.
- India Film Project and Project parties, in their sole discretion, disqualify the piece deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Spoken Word is an oral art form, consisting of performance of poetry and storytelling.
There is no compulsion for the spoken word to rhyme. The piece has to be vivid, creative and a pleasure to the listeners while catering the theme.
Spoken word is all about expressing oneself both through writing and speech. The top 10 finalists will be called upon the stage for a live performance.
Yes, there is a registration fee of Rs. 500. Which has to be submitted through online transactions to confirm your registration. You will receive a Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
After completing the registrations, the participant can go to the registration page itself and login. Once logged in they can edit their registration form and upload the PDF file and the audio file.
No, even if the spoken word piece is in Hindi it should be typed in English language only.
The jury of the challenge, consisting of eminent spoken word artists will judge the entries.