Move hearts, change minds and earn a lifetime’s experience through the spoken word.
Have you always wanted to be a storyteller but didn’t know how and where to start? IFP presents you the opportunity of a lifetime - the storytelling challenge! Record your story within seven days on a given theme and send it to us. The winners will get a stage at the festival to showcase their talent and a chance to attend workshops with the industry’s finest experts.
Theme Announcement - Sep 5, 2020 - 8 PM IST
7 Day Challenge Ends - Sep 12, 2020 - 8 PM IST
Registration Fees - Rs. 500 (USD 8)
Registrations Close - Sep 4, 11:59 PM IST
- Awards for Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and #5 Story
- The Top 10 participants will get a chance to perform at the festival.
- The top 10 winning pieces will be uploaded on IFP's YouTube Channel
- Winners will get a special one-on-one mentoring session with one Jury member.
Watch the winning stories from previous seasons
Participate and get...
- Exclusive Online Workshop for participants with an industry expert on the first day of the challenge.
- One day pass for entry to the festival in Mumbai. (You can select whichever day suits you best)
- E-certificate of participation
"It's an out of the world feeling when you perform for audiences at iconic Mehboob Studios"
Registrations Close - Sep 4, 11:59 PM IST
Want more details?
Fill the form below and we'll reach out to you!
1. Entries are open for participants from across the globe.
2. This is a competitive category and the registrations will be closed by 4th September 2020, 11:59pm IST.
3. The theme for the challenge will be provided at the beginning of the 7 day period i.e. 5th September, 8pm IST through email, SMS as well as on IFP’s official social media handles. Participants will have to submit the entries by 12th September, 8pm IST.
4. Your story can be in Hindi or English only.
5. Your story has to adhere to the theme.
6. Your submitted story should be original and unpublished.
7. Your submission will have to include the following
- 1. An audio story of a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 7 minutes. File should be in MP3 format with a maximum file size of 5MB.
- 2. A written transcript of your story, typed in Courier font and in the font size 12. The transcript should be converted to PDF before submission. The file size limit is 5MB. If your story is in Hindi, the transcript submitted needs to be roman english. However, the translation in english needs to be written below each line in the brackets. (Download sample transcript for reference)
- The file name of both your files should be your Creator ID (e.g. - ST836.mp3, ST836.pdf)
8. Any story that contains disrespect for a particular person, community or religion or contains violence, hatred, obscenity or nudity will not be qualified in the challenge.
9. All registered participants will receive a Creator’s Agreement along with the theme and upload link in registered email at the time of theme announcement.
10. Your submitted piece will be strictly restricted to the jury of the challenge.
11. The story cannot be released until the results are announced at the festival.
12. India Film Project and Project parties, in their sole discretion, disqualify the piece deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Q. How much time do I have to write and narrate my story?
A. You will receive the theme on Friday, Sep 5, 8pm IST and you will have to upload the story before Friday, Sep 12, 8pm IST. You will have 7 days in all to write and record your story.
Q. I am not from India. Can I participate?
A. Yes. IFP is a globally participated challenge and people from all over the world participate each year.
Q. Is there a registration fee?
A. Yes, there is a registration fee of INR 500 (USD 8). The payment is to be made online to confirm your registration. You will receive a unique Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
Q. Does my story need to rhyme?
A. There is no compulsion for your story to rhyme.
Q. Can I add background music to my story?
A. Yes, though it is not mandatory. You can add background music to your story. However, ensure that the vocals remain clearly audible.
Q. Can I send a video file instead of audio?
A. No. We will only accept audio files for this challenge.
Q. Who will judge my story?
A. Your story will be judged by an eminent pre-jury and jury with tremendous industry experience.
Q. Do I need to sign a Creator Agreement?
A. Yes. Everyone who participates in the Storytelling Challenge needs to sign a creator’s agreement. The agreement will help protect your rights as a creator and our rights as a platform.
Q. I am a participant from out of India. What standard time should I follow for the challenge?
A. The standard time for the challenge will be Indian Standard Time.
Q. How do I submit my Story?
A. At the beginning of the challenge, you will receive an email with the theme as well as link to upload your story.