Write and submit the most engaging and heart-warming script of the year!
Has writing a script always been your forte, but never really got the right platform to showcase it? India Film Project realizes the importance of scriptwriting and how essential it is to the art of filmmaking. Hence, we have been making conscious efforts to put forth the perfect platform for the best scripts across the globe.
We bring to you a chance to present your story to the best scriptwriters and directors of the country and get your talent recognized. We will help you reach the audience your script deserves.
Theme – Old school Love in the time of Technology
Genres – Drama, Comedy, Time-Travel
Theme Explanation – There is a charm about retaining things from the past, especially how love was so invested and being in a relationship meant being attentive which is slowly being displaced by short attention spans and social media.
Registration Fees – Rs. 1000
For International Participants – £12.00, $15.00
Participation e-certificates will be provided to every participant
Last Date for Submission – September 15, 2019
Satya, Shahid, Aligarh, Made in Heaven
Black, Guzaarish, Lootera, Raazi
Mary Kom, Neerja, Parmanu
What’s in it for winners:
- Top 5 script synopsis will be narrated at the festival by the writers and win the IFP trophy.
- Winners will get a special one-on-one mentoring session with one Jury member.
- The winning script writers get a chance to present their winning scripts to producers at the festival and get them produced.
- The Winning scriptwriters will also get a chance to be a part of Writing retreats and writing workshops with The Bound Writer’s Retreat and The Light Weaver.
Interested? Fill the Form Below and we’ll Call you back
- The theme for the challenge is ‘Old school Love in the time of Technology’ and the genres are Drama, Comedy and Time-Travel (you can choose anyone).
- Every script must be accompanied by a step outline, logline and synopsis. The synopsis is to be submitted in the registration form itself. The step outline and logline are excluding the minimum of 10 Pages and maximum of 12 Pages of the script.
- The submitted script should be of minimum 10 pages and a maximum of 12 pages.
- The script should be typed in Courier font and in the font size 12.
- The script should be written in English. The dialogues of the script can be in another language but it should be accompanied by English translations in brackets. In such a case, the script can exceed up to 14 pages.
- The script has to be written adhering to the theme and genre. However, the writer has all creative liberties.
- This is a competitive category.
- Entries are open for participants from across the globe.
- The submissions will be closed by September 15 2019.
- The submitted scripts will be restricted to the jury and the pre-jury of the challenge.
- The scripts cannot be released until the results are announced at the festival.
- India Film Project and India Film Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify scripts deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non – compliant.
- Scripts containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
Yes, it is a competition. The submitted entries will compete with each other and the winning script synopsis will be read at the festival.
Yes, there is a registration fee of Rs. 1000. The payment is to be made online to confirm your registration. You will receive a Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
Yes, if the script is not selected, the copyrights of the script remain with you and you can use it.
Jury of this challenge, which consists of eminent writers and screenwriters will judge your scripts. The winning script synopsis will be read out at the festival.
The script should be in PDF format typed in Courier font and in the font size of 12.
The script should be in the English language. However, there can be dialogues in other languages as well which necessarily need to be written in English in brackets below the dialogue.
After the completing the registrations, the participant can go to the registration page itself and login. Once logged in they can edit their registration form and upload the script.
You can only use one genre.
A maximum of three people can co-write the script.