Write and submit the most engaging and heart-warming script of the year!
Is writing your talent? We're the stage.
Here's your chance to write a script on a given theme in just 7 days and compete with thousands of writers to win the IFP trophy
Over last 3 years, over 4,000 writers have competed and written award-winning scripts, some of which have gone forward to become loved short films.
Theme Announcement - Sep 5, 2020 - 8 PM IST
7 Day Challenge Ends - Sep 12, 2020 - 8 PM IST
Theme - Whatever it Takes
Compulsory Element - A pet in the story
Genre - Drama, Comedy, Whodunnit (Choose any one)
- Awards for Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze and #5 Script of the year
- Lifetime subscription of Final Draft writing software for winners.
- Winners will get Online Masterclass Sessions with personalized coaching on Writing by The Lightweaver.
- Winning Participants will get an Unlimited Access to Bound Writers Online Classes for 2 Months.
- Top 5 Participants will get an individual feedback session with Scriptknights.
- Winning script synopsis will be narrated at the festival by the writers.
- Winners will get a special one-on-one mentoring session with one Jury member.
Read the synopsis of previous winning scripts
Participate and get...
- A 3 Month Free access to SkillShare to upgrade your skills
- Exclusive Online Workshop for participants with an industry expert on the first day of the challenge.
- One Season pass (All 4 days) for entry to the IFP Virtual festival (Oct 22 to 25)
- E-certificate of participation
"When I entered the mentoring session with jury, it was a great learning experience. The Prizes from Final Draft and Bound's Retreat were cherry on the cake"
1. Entries are open for participants from across the globe.
2. This is a competitive category and the registrations will be closed on 4th September 2020, 11:59pm IST.
3. The theme for the challenge along with the genres will be provided at the beginning of the 7-day period i.e. 5th September, 8pm IST through email, SMS, as well as on IFP’s official social media handles. Participants will have to submit the scripts by 12th September, 8pm IST.
4. The script has to be written adhering to the theme and genre.
5. Your script has to be in following format
- First Page: Title, writer’s name and city
- Second Page: Synopsis
- Third Page: Your Script - This should be of a minimum of 5 pages and a maximum of 8 pages excluding the above two pages.
6. Entire script should be typed in Courier font and in the font size 12. The script should be converted into PDF before submission. The file size limit is 5MB. (Download Sample script from here to give you an idea about professional script formatting)
7. The script should be written in English. The dialogues of the script can be in any language, but it should be accompanied by English translations in brackets below the dialogue. In such cases, the script can exceed up to 2 additional pages.
8. All registered participants will receive a Creator’s Agreement along with the theme and upload link in their registered email at the time of the theme announcement. Check out the agreement here.
9. The submitted scripts will be restricted to the jury and the pre-jury of the challenge only and shall not be shared with any other party without your consent.
10. The scripts cannot be shared or uploaded publicly until the results are announced at the festival.
11. India Film Project and India Film Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify scripts deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non – compliant.
12. Scripts containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
Q. How much time do I have to write a script?
A. You will receive the theme on Saturday, Sep 5, 8pm IST and you will have to upload the script before Saturday, Sep 12, 8pm IST. You will have 7 days in all to write your script.
Q. I am not from India. Can I participate?
A. Ofcourse. IFP is a globally participated challenge and people from all over the world are most welcome to participate each year.
Q. Is there a registration fee?
A. Yes, there is a registration fee of INR 1000 (USD 15). The payment is to be made online to confirm your registration. You will receive a unique Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
Q. If my script is not selected, can I use my script?
A. Yes, if the script is not selected, the copyright of the script remains with you and you can use it for whatever purpose.
Q. Can I use more than one genres?
A. No. You can only use one genre.
Q. Who will judge the scripts?
A. The scripts are judged by an eminent pre-jury and jury with tremendous industry experience.
Q. What format should the file of the script be uploaded?
A. The file should be uploaded in the PDF format, no larger than 5MB
Q. If the dialogues in the script are in a different language, which language do we type it in?
A. The dialogues can be written in your choice of language. However, their translation in english needs to be written in the line below in brackets.
Q. Can there be more than one writer of the script?
A. No, a script can have only one writer.
Q. Do I need to sign a Creator’s Agreement?
A. Yes. Everyone who participates in the Short Scriptwriting Challenge needs to sign a creator’s agreement. The agreement will help protect your rights as a creator and our rights as a platform.
Q. I am a participant from out of India. What standard time should I follow for the challenge?
A. The standard time for the challenge will be Indian Standard Time.
Q. How do I submit my Script?
At the beginning of the challenge, you will receive an email with the theme as well as the link to upload your script.