Move hearts and change minds with your tales and thoughts through words.
India Film Project along with Kommune brings to you the Spoken word challenge. We have realized the fast-growing community of storytellers and slam poets and have brought to you a platform where you can submit your piece of work and get a chance to perform in front of the best-spoken word artists in the country.
Competition Partner: Kommune
Theme – A Short Film Called My Life
Theme Description – Content should reflect the theme of “A Short Film Called My Life”
If your life was a short film, what would it be? Would it be a hero’s journey or the slaying of your inner demons and villains? Maybe pick an event or a defining moment in your life and build your piece around it. When did you last question something? Feel kindness? Write the end of your life like it was a movie? Be visual, take us there.
Registration Fees – Rs. 500
For International Participants – £6.00, $8.00
Participation e-certificates will be provided to every participant
Last Date for Submission – 31st August 2019
What’s in it for the winners
Express what you feel and win all hearts through your words as the top 10 participants get to perform live at IFP season 8 and the best ones will be featured on India’s largest poetry platform, Kommune, a collective of artists.
- The theme of the competition is ‘‘A short film called My Life’’
- It is an individual challenge.
- Spoken Word which is original and unpublished will be appreciated.
- The participant has to attach a voice note of their narration of the piece, which should be minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes and can have a buffer of 10 seconds so we ensure it adheres to the given time limit.
- Along with the voice note, the participant has to attach the same piece of writing. Typed in Courier font and in the font size of 12.
- This is a competitive category and the top 10 semi-finalists will be given a chance to perform live at IFP season 8 after which the top 5 winners will be announced.
- The best pieces will be featured on Kommune’s YouTube channel.
- Entries are open for participants from across the globe.
- The entries for the challenge will close on 15th September 2018.
- The submitted piece will be strictly restricted to the jury of competition.
- The spoken word cannot be released until the results are announced at the festival.
- No stand-up comedy, personal vendettas or disrespect to any person will be entertained.
- Overly-sexual, or targeting any particular community or obscene content are strictly not allowed.
- Adult humour can be a possible topic, but anything over the top will give the right to the jury and IFP to disqualify the participant.
- The piece can be submitted either in Hindi or English language.
- India Film Project and Kommune, in their sole discretion, disqualify the piece deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Spoken Word is an oral art form, consisting of performance of poetry and storytelling.
There is no compulsion for the spoken word to rhyme. The piece has to be vivid, creative and a pleasure to the listeners while catering the theme.
Spoken word is all about expressing oneself both through writing and speech. The top 10 finalists will be called upon the stage for a live performance.
Yes, there is a registration fee of Rs. 500. Which has to be submitted through online transactions to confirm your registration. You will receive a Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
Even if the spoken word piece is in Hindi, the written file which is to be submitted has to be typed in the English language.
No, even if the spoken word piece is in Hindi it should be typed in English language only.
The top 10 entries will be selected by Kommune and the top 3 will be announced by ______ and _______ at the festival post the performance.