Write and submit the most engaging and heart-warming script of the year!
Has writing a script always been your forte, but never really got the right platform to showcase it? India Film Project realizes the importance of scriptwriting and how essential it is to the art of filmmaking. Hence, we have been collaborating to put forth the perfect platform for the best scripts across the globe.
We bring to you a chance to present your story to the best scriptwriters and directors of the country and get your talent recognized. We will help you reach the audience your script deserves.
Theme – Modern Day Love
Genres – Romance, Drama, Science Fiction
Theme Explanation – Love today is overwhelming. With our eyes and hearts constantly refreshing social media feeds its tough to make a real connection. But when the connection happens, it is magical or is it not? This year, we are looking for scripts that could be dystopic, real or even a bizarre look at the modern day love story.
Registration Fees – Rs. 1000
For International Participants – £12.00, $15.00
Participation e-certificates will be provided to every participant
Last Date for Submission – 31st August 2019
What’s in it for winners:
The 5 winning writers will be trained at the festival by the best of industry professionals on how to pitch their script, which will be followed by a live pitching at the festival. There will be producer and directors in the audience who will pick their favourite script and produce the same.
Along with this, the scripts will be read by the best writers in the country and the winners receive IFP trophies.
- The theme for the challenge is ____ and the genres are as follows _______ (you can choose anyone).
- Every script must be accompanied by a step outline, logline and synopsis.
- The submitted script should be of minimum 10 pages and a maximum of 12 pages.
- The script should be typed in Courier font and in the font size 12.
- The script should be written in English. The dialogues of the script can be in another language but it should be accompanied by English translations in brackets. In such a case, the script can exceed up to 14 pages.
- The script has to be written adhering to the theme and genre. However, the writer has all creative liberties.
- This is a competitive category.
- Entries are open for participants from across the globe.
- The submissions will be closed by 31st August 2019.
- The submitted scripts will be restricted to the jury and the pre-jury of the challenge.
- The scripts cannot be released until the results are announced at the festival.
- India Film Project and India Film Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify scripts deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non – compliant.
- Scripts containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
Yes, it is a competition. The submitted entries will compete with each other and the winning script synopsis will be read at the festival.
Yes, there is a registration fee of Rs. 1000. The payment is to be made online to confirm your registration. You will receive a Creator ID once the registration is confirmed.
Yes, if the script is not selected, the copyrights of the script remain with you and you can use it.
Creative team at Terribly Tiny Tales will judge your scripts and the winning script synopsis will be read out at the festival.
The script should be in PDF format typed in Courier font and in the font size of 12.
The script should be in the English language. However, there can be dialogues in other languages as well which necessarily need to be written in English in brackets below the dialogue.
A maximum of three people can co-write the script.