A. Time Period
1. India Film Project filmmaking hours are scheduled to begin from September 16th, 8:00 pm onwards and end on September 18th,10:00 pm.
2. Participants need to submit their movie by the upload link provided in their registered mail ID.
3. Apart from Uploading the film, the teams are required to sign and submit the documents online.
4. The upload link will be sent as soon the competition begins and will be closed at the end of the competition.
5. Only films submitted before the deadline will be officially part of the competition.
B. Tasks – Each team has to perform following tasks in the given period of 50 hours.
3. Location and Art Design
6. Dubbing and Background Music
7. Color Correction and Rendering
8. Compressing below 300 MB
9. Uploading via link sent on registered mail ID.
C. However, the team can perform these tasks before the 50 hours period.
1. Organizing Crew
2. Organizing Cast
3. Securing Equipments
4. Scouting/Securing Locations
D. Entire film must be shot within the filmmaking period and the team needs to provide a proof as and when needed.
1. A team cannot use stock footage or footage created earlier.
2. Photographs can be used in a film, only if the team has the rights to use them.
E. Team members will get the theme online on September 16th, 2015, 8:00pm at official website www.indiafilmproject.co
1. The theme of competition will be revealed through SMS, Email, Facebook and Twitter as well
2. Along with theme, 5 different genres will also be provided during the launch of competition.
3. Teams are free to choose any one genre. All teams are requested to get updates regarding the competition on Facebook page: www.facebook.com/IndiaFilmProject
F. All team members must be volunteers.
G. For Amateur and Professional category, a team can use a DSLR camera or any type of video or film camera with atleast 720p video capture. For Mobile Filmmaking Competiton, a mobile camera with a minimum capture of 720p should be used. To assure noiseless sound quality, an external microphone should be used.
H. Teams are encouraged to work with a local composer and musicians to write and record music for the films. It is permissible for a participating group to use pre-recorded music; however the team must have the rights to any music used in its film.
I. The finished film must be a minimum of 4 minutes in duration, and a maximum of 6 minutes in duration—not including end credits.
J. End credits at the end of each film are limited to a maximum of 60 seconds. The 60 seconds is over and above the maximum length of 6 minutes.
1. The end credits must mention: “This film was made for India Film Project 2016″
2. Opening titles are considered to be part of the film, and hence count in total duration of your film.
K.The final video must be uploaded in MOV/MPEG-4/WMV format. Uploaded video should be strictly below 300 MB.
The film titles should have:
1. 5 seconds of black
2. A title card with : team name, Film name, Genre, and Year. (Mailed at beginning of competition)
3. 2 seconds of black
4. Your film
L. Each team must submit all the signed agreements for cast, crew, music and locations, etc within 3 days of uploading the film. All these documents will be sent to team leader via e-mail at the beginning of the competition. The film will not be selected until the documents are signed and received.
M. For being eligible for the Project:
1. Films must be the original work of the team and must not infringe third-party’s rights
2. Must be suitable for publication and not contain obscene or indecent material
3. Must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements about any person, company, organization or entity
4. Must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, company or entity
5. Must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations;and may not contain any copyrighted elements not owned by the team.
6. Films containing prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the IFP, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified.
N. India Film Project and Project Parties may, in their sole discretion, disqualify Films deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
O. India Film Project team may add to or amend these rules at any time prior to the beginning of the filmmaking period, without informing the participants.